What is a search?
- Fast: With a fast search you can quickly find a property description by indicating the address or the SIA/MLS number OR the Internet number.
- Map: You can do a detailed search in each sector on the map by choosing the sector or area you whish.
- Detailed: A detailed search will find listings which meet the specific criteria you set such as location, price, characteristics and type of property, from among the thousands of listings available.
- Properties by a broker name: A search using the broker’s name will give you access to all the listings for this broker.
- Broker: A broker search will find the brokers available in a given sector, by language spoken or speciality (residential or commercial).
- Agency: An agency search will find the agency that serves a particular area.
- Home Resources: Professionals in the real estate field such as electricians, notaries, painters, security specialists etc. in various regions who offer their services in the Home Resources search engines.
How to do a property search?
- With the address: A property is found very easily on our site by entering the street address in the fast search or detailed search window.
- With the Internet number: A property is found very easily on our site by entering the Internet number in the fast search window. The Internet number is not the same as the MLS/SIA number.
- With the MLS/SIA: A property is found easily on our site using the MLS/SIA number in the fast search menu.
- With specific or general criteria: A list of properties which meet specific or general search criteria such as location, price, characteristics and type of property, can be generated using the detailed search.
- With the name of a broker: Properties listed under a broker’s name are available using a property search by broker name or the personal web page of the broker (broker search) by clicking on "my listings".
- To send a property by e-mail: A description can be sent by e-mail (in HTML or plain text format at your choice) by simply clicking on the icon and indicating the desired e-mail address. A personalised message can also be added to the e-mail.
- Print a description: A description can be printed by clicking on the icon.
- The information section: The information section contains information on all the services and protections offered by Via Capitale, as well as advice on buying or selling properties.
- The search section: The search section contains all the search engines available on the Via Capitale site such as the fast search, broker search, detailed search, agency search etc.
- Featured homes: Every week a list of featured homes is available on the home page. You can go to the description by clicking on the picture of the featured home. All featured homes are indicated with this icon:
- Virtual tours: A virtual tour is a panoramic (360 degree) visit of the inside or outside of a property. Properties with virtual tours are indicated with a . When you click on this icon the tour starts.
- Open houses: A list of dates and times of the open houses of a property is available by clicking on the icon.
- Additional photos: Additional photos of the interior or exterior of a property. Homes which offer additional photos are indicated by . By clicking on this icon all additional photos and their descriptions appear.
- The Internet number: An Internet number is assigned to each property listed by Via Capitale. This number can be noted from a previous visit to our site or given to you by a broker.
- The MLS/SIA number: An MLS/SIA number is assigned to each property listed by a real estate board.
- Coldwell Banker: Our partner for properties outside Quebec is Coldwell Banker. More information about Coldwell Banker is available on their web site http://www.coldwellbanker.ca
- Repossessions: The list of properties repossessed by the CMHC everywhere in Quebec is available on the web site by clicking "repossessed properties" on the home page.
- Home Resources: The Home resources search engine lists real estate industry professionals in the selected region.
- Where can I find properties for rent?
Unfortunately, our properties search engine has no function to select rental properties. However, there are owners who are interested in renting. The best solution is to contact the agency in the area you are interested in or the broker of the property that interests you to inquire if it is possible to rent with or without an option to buy. The seller may be interested in your offer.
- I made a search for a broker using his name and cannot find his web page. Why?
We suggest you start by checking the spelling of the broker's name. Try using only the broker's family name. Nearly 90% of Via Capitale's brokers have chosen to be represented on the Via Capitale web site. Some however have not yet joined the project. To reach the broker we suggest you contact his office.
- What do I have to do to take a virtual tour of a property?
Properties, which have the virtual tour, are identified with an icon. When you see this icon on a properties' web page, you need simply click on the icon and choose the options for your virtual tour, that is to say for a visit inside or outside the property. Not all properties offer a virtual tour since this is at the discretion of the broker and his customer.
- What do we do to see the additional photos for a property?
Properties with additional photos are identified with an icon. When you see this icon on the web page for a property, you need simply click on the icon and choose among the additional photos available. Not all properties offer additional photos since this is at the discretion of the broker and his customer.
- My house is listed for sale with Via Capitale, but I do not find it on your web site. Why?
Once a property is listed with the Real Estate Board, it is automatically uploaded to our web site. This transfer, from the Real Estate Board, takes place every day at 10:00 a.m. If you looked before 10:00 a.m., we suggest that you check back later. If your listing is still not to be found, it is best that you contact your agent. Please note that there is a delay of 72 hours before a new listing with the Real Estate Board appear on our site.
Another reason that may explain the absence of your property on our site is that your real estate broker has chosen not to be represented on the Via Capitale site. To reach this broker, we suggest you contact his agency.
- What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file that a web site stores on your computer. It may contain information relative to your browsing. On the Via Capitale web site, a cookie is what allows you to use My Profile services and manage your personal selections.
Cookies do not send your personal information over the Internet and cannot be infected by viruses.